Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Downs. But not out!

Small victories. I got my family home yesterday after a prolonged stay in hospital for my wife and new daughter.

I have done no training since Friday and my diet has gone too. I've tried to be good but with some stress and strain it has been tough.

I'll try to keep going on PCP, but forgive me if I don't post that often. You see, we were told our daughter had Down Syndrome after being extremely low risk in all the screening. It's tough times. She passed all the prenatal tests with flying colours.

Small victories ... she can hear in one ear and only has two holes in her heart. It breaks my heart. She is still wonderful and I promise to do my best to love and cherish her and provide as best we can.

So ... excuse the personal blog, but no point hiding anything. I'm going to try to keep things going as the exercise will really help me get rid of my anger and frustration, but my time must be focussed elsewhere at the moment.


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Glad to hear you are staying positive. Don't forget to take care of yourself, too, PCP or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dom, congratulations on the birth of your new daughter, stay strong and enjoy your new bundle of joy she is a blessing to have and will bring you much joy I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new baby.

    Babies are curiously resilient and thrive on our love and attention. So, despite her challenges, I am sure she will grow strong and bring you and your wife joy.

    ReplyDelete