Saturday, 13 August 2011

Spectacular fall..

off the PCP regime last night. Exercises done in the morning and the day was OK (alright, sushi rice not the best for lunch, but otherwise OK), but last night I had a thai meal and boy it was GOOD! Hot and sour soup, delicious (and not in itself so bad), but then I had a moment of weakness and had Pad Thai and curry. 

As soon as I had finished my guilt hit in. Pathetic guilt as I had known what I was doing and rebelled against the PCP system. So I ignored the guilt and decided that I reap what I sow and thought that if I was going to eat the fat and delicious food I was going to live with the guilt. 

But half an hour later, that is when the true effects hit me. So thirsty, so full (in a bloated way) and so wished I had had my lovely 'in season' veg and dinner smoothy. 

And then ... two hours later .... well, I'll spare you the details but lets say that I became more familiar with the porcelain in the house than I would have liked. 

The worst thing however was this morning, and waking up feeling jaded and bloated and half a kilo heavier than yesterday (and un-rested). So much for my early morning Saturday training. 

The moral of the story? Don't do it. Step away from the thai and stay strong. Those early mornings feeling alive are worth so much more than the 15 minutes of Friday night flavour. 

Stay strong PCP'ers. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Dom, Clive and I just read your blog and thank you for the great insight and being an example for all of us. Most of all thanks for sharing the truth, with your guilt we may all stay on track a little longer than we planned.

    Don't beat yourself up, we all muck up from time to time, and we hope the bloating leaves you very soon. It's scary when you think about how often we used to eat like that and not think twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have all been there mate. Mine was last week with a Tony Roma's rib attack. My body just rejected the grease - it wasn't pretty.

    Just get back on your program and you will bounce right back.

    ReplyDelete